MARYKATE'S GARDEN

KATE'S GARDEN

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Wow, it's been a long time since I wrote anything in my blog. Life has been not so much busy, but different. I'm working on some health issues, trying to fit exercise and a new way of eating int my life, and well, it's been interesting to say the least . THe good news is that I have lsot more than 40 pounds, so life is looking better, and so am I . ha!!ha!!

As for aht I've been up to since Valentines, a little of this and that mostly, but trying to get myself caught up with life and organized is what has been distracting me lately . I've curtailed some of my activities (volunteer) at church this year, in part to get myself calmed down from a too busy lifestyle. Another issue related to my health made me have to make this choice for the time being anyway. I'm also trying to be more organized as that will help keep me less stressed overall, and it is just a good way to approach life. I have to admit that I have to work at being organized, it doesn't come naturally to me as it does with some people. Wish that were just the way I was, but it is not, and I do have to think about being organized most of the time so I don't make more work for myself.

Okay, getting on to more interesting subjects . I have been organizing my stash room, still..it seems like it is taking a good long time to get it where I want it -- but it will be wonderful when I'm done and that is the goal I am headed toward. Going through my stash has me pulling a lot of designs that I am not that thrilled about anymore, or just patterns that I know I won't get to, so they are going to be sold. I'm not done pulling patterns though, so until I am, they won't go onto my list for the Legacy marketplace, and my "Great Exchange" list that I will be building in my photo album later on to sell them. It will be nice having some extra stash room and there are quite a few oldies but goodies in my stack of things to sell that may appeal to people because they are no longer in print. What I am really looking forward to is getting the new furniture that I want for that room and setting up my DVD/VCR and CD Player in there so I can enjoy watching movies or hearing music as I stitch away the hours in the evening or late afternoon at home. The other reason for organizing all my stash and redecoratingin there is I want to be able to keep my stitching things in one spot and stitch in that area as well so I don't clutter up the house with my stitching. I have in the past, carried most of my stitching into the livingroom and used my coffee table for all the projects and stitching gadgets. Well, I am getting tired of picking up after myself in there, so I am hoping I can manage to keep things neat in the stash room and do my stitching from there.

I've been working on the Marquoir Sampler, and I have loved it for so long. It is a great stitch. Here is where I am at with it presently, with hopes to finish it by April 15th, and then go on to start a few of the Blackbird Designs that I have in my stash. I've been wanting to do this for a good long time.

Also, I've working on the Quaker Huswife, which I hope to finish this month. Still have to do some sewing to the inside portions and the final assembly, but it will get done on time. I want to start a lot of small things when I am finished with this, so it has to be done by the 31st of March.

This weekend I hope to finish up the 5th block, start the sixth and finish the 6th block by the 31st of March. That leaves me with 2 weeks to finish up the last 3 blocks, which is a bit of stitching, but if I concentrate on it especially on the weekends, it will be finished on time. Though I am 'rushing' through the last parts of it, I'm sure to enjoy the process . it will be wonderful finally having it framed and hanging in our bedroom or my stash room. I haven't yet decided where it will be displayed. Maybe in my stash room so I can enjoy looking at it while I stitch on other projects .

Right now I have picked up two UFOs and was stitching on them until I realized that I have to get these other two projects done by the dadlines I have set. The projects are the Hope Needleroll. I hope to finish this project and assemble the needleroll also by the end of March. Hopefully it all happens right .

-- The second one is a Quaker design called Shaker Ped Clock. I am not putting this sampler into a clock, but framing it instead when it's done. It will be a while before it is finished, maybe by May.

This is the picture of what the whole design looks like. As you can see I have again changed the design from the original colors. I may use a hunter green for the last motif on my piece. As you see now the colors are a varigated teal, a rust and brown, and the last color will most likely be a hunter green, though I have been looking at a Needle Necessities gold that would be nice with this also. We'll see what I finally decide.

I have also pulled out a small sampler called the Rockhome Sampler by Eileen Bennett. I think it was published later on as the Peace Sampler. This one is also very close toa finish, only 3 bands and a small mini sampler spot that goes in at the bottom and it is done. Then I will have to make a trip to the framers to get these framed. I'll also take along with me the Carnation sampler by Darlene O'Steen that I finished several years ago and have yet to frame. So it looks like 2006 will be a productive year for me -- at least it is starting out that way, and I for one will be very glad to see some of my needlework on the walls instead of in my lap .

Until I have more photo updates...and more news... have a great Spring! And don't forget to be in church to celebrate Easter/Resurrection Sunday....God bless!

Cathy

1 comment:

DonnaSews said...

Congrats on your healthy way of like!!

You work is beautiful. I have two big WIP's and I will finish those before I start anything else. The temptation is difficult. I always seem to choose large detailed projects also.

Enjoy..I like your blog.

Donna