MARYKATE'S GARDEN

KATE'S GARDEN

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Our snow storm December 2006

This is an older cross stitched piece that I did. This was very close to my first introduction to Linen, and I have never turned back since my first linen project. This design is a Donna Yuen Design, that was published in a Christmas Magazine I believe. It's been so long I have forgotten exactly what year it was.

This is the first snow we got, and it isn't much, but looks very pretty . This is my light in the front yard.Looking across my front yard -- we hadn't quite gotten to 22 inches yet ,....but it did eventually. BTW, the house you see is across the street from me to the South. The bushes are in my front yard.My Front Door as the snow starts to fall....



Here is a picture looking out my kitchen bay window...this is the larger center window, and you can see the snow beginning to pile up. It gets better ...like 22 inches !!


This is the window in my dining room, looking out to the front courtyard.This is looking out from my back porch, just outside our kitchen door. The fountain eventually gets buried in snow, and everything else back there.
Here is the picture of the snow after it stareted to melt. Before this, it was a lot higher on the fence and my railroad tie terrace showed all 22 inches at one time. But this gives you an idea of why I said it was a Winter Wonderland. I love snow!
My Back Porch -- as the snow falls . This is the part of Winter and Christmas that I just love!!!
Thought you would have fun looking at the kind of snow we get in New Mexico ....I know a lot of people think it is always sunny here, but it isn't! This is proof ..... We had a lovely Winter! For me, I could love having a longer Winter, it is just so pretty, and cozy when it snows.


1 comment:

Katrina said...

Beautiful views Cathy! It's so pretty all covered with snow.