MARYKATE'S GARDEN

KATE'S GARDEN

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My newest project -- Many Years Sampler


I had been in the hospital recently and when I got out, I was looking for something to stitch that was new, and fun. This "Many Years Sampler" caught my eye. It's a free SAL, and I am enjoying it so much. My only problem is figuring out what colors are in this mystery thread from Vikki Clayton. It is not garnet. I have ordered a spool and garnet is much darker than this one. This has more of a rose tone to it, but when stitched on this fabric it actually looks 'red'. And it's two shades in this spool, a dark red and a bright red, at least that is how it appears on the fabric. To look at the spool, you'd probably call the 'red' color in it raspberry or rose. Hopefully I can find a match to it so I can create my own spool for this. I really do like this color!!

Below is a link of other versions of the same sampler by different stitchers, the colors are lovely and as you can see it just gets better. I am only on part 1 so far, these photos include up to part 4.

http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/563277341zTBPxv


2 comments:

Hazel said...

Have you tried DMC variegated 4210?? That looks similar. What a great SAL. Do you have a linkie for it??

Anonymous said...

What a lovely piece you are stitching up!