The projects I have started are as follows:
The Peripheria Designs Spanish SAmpler -- I have actually done 3 versions of this, as I kept changing fabric and threads, and I am finally at a place where I think I am happy with the end result. I'll post a picture soon so you can see what I am doing, and I will also post the first and second tries on this one, so you can see what I did. It is a struggle for me sometimes to find the right colors to go with the fabric I am using, and at times what looks good when you do a floss toss, doesn't happen when you do the actual stitching.
The second one I started is the Many Years Sampler, and you can see the photo of my beginnings on this one below. It's a gorgeous Sampler, and I am so excited about working on this one.
The third is the SALexandre SAL, which will be working on their pocket (tri fold) next month doing the assembly, which also means I need to concentrate on the stitching the rest of thsi month so I am ready to do the work of assembly when they start on it.
The fourth sampler I bought and started is the Quaker Mystery 2008 from Martina, which I really will enjoy. I am thinking that the colors of gold, lavender and green would be pretty for this piece, but I also am thinking that a totally pastel version, sort of Spring-like would be lovely too. I'm caught between which one to do though...so I am experimenting at the moment.
The fifth sampler I started is the Quaker 5 which is one of the quakers that I believe began las t year, I got a late start with it, but I still want to work on it, so I am putting things together to start that one as well.
I also started a cute 'doily' like piece that has rose patterns on it, and the outline of the cloth, with the sections showing so that it looks like it is crocheted. Very pretty and lacy looking. I plan to make a cute little needle book that folds into itself. I received the loveliest gifts from a friend of mine in Canada and one of the gifts was a little needle book piece that folds into itself. I had seen them before and thought I would love to create one of my own. Well, now I am going to do just that, and see how I do. It is not a difficult chart to stitch, so hopefully I will have it ready to finish up by the end of the month. With all the other things I am working on well, it will be a bit of a challenge to get it done any sooner than the end of June. But I hope to so that I can experiment with the finishing. For me that is just as much fun as the stitching is. I'll also take pictures of the needle book I received so you can see how it is done, and you can maybe try it yourself on your own. I think it is easy enough to do without a pattern, just your own imagination and a bit of experimentation are required.
Another piece I started is an on line group on Yahoo, that is mostly French speaking people, but ther eare a few who speak English. What i have been doing is translating my messages into both English and French, or sometimes in Spanish as there are a couple of gals there who speak Spanish and French -- so it has been interesting communicating on that forum. Anyway, the project is called Sampler Espagnole -- and it is a lovely blackwork sampler, which I am doing in red, and I will dedicate this one to my Father. I am Castilian, as well as Irish, Scottish, Dutch, and a bit of Jewish heritage there as well. I've been wanting to create a memorial sampler for my Dad who passed away just over a year ago, and this sampler is going ot be the piece I dedicate to him. It will be a nice way to work through some of my own feelings of missing him and also a nice reminder of my dear Daddy! I plan also to make one for my Mom, but have not found any Irish samplers. There are Scottish ones, and I may end up having to just do a Scottish sampler style piece for my Mom's memorial sampler. I also have some ideas about doing a rose sampler for my Mom as her name was Rosalie, or Leah (nickname), and I would love to stitch something with roses for her.
In fact, I have a couple of great ones on hand, that are free charts as well. The one is a Maripeles Rose Sampler, which I have downloaded, and I may stitch that one for my Mom as it would be a good one to use for this sort of memorial sampler. It has a lovely rose border and roses in the sampler, plus some wreaths with initials inside, etc. That I have not started as yet, but it is probably going to be one of the next ones I start as I plan to do both samplers for my Mom and Dad this year, no matter what else doesn't get done, those ones will.
I also have a rose sampler from Ellen Maurer Stroh -- which is a free sampler, and it is a lovely border so far, that she's published. It is very elegant, and would be wonderful on a tablecloth edge...which I am very tempted to work in ecru on white or white on ecru linen...I have the linen on hand (Glasgow linen 28 ct) which would be perfect for this. So that may be another start sometime this year. I am waiting for the rest of the sampler to be published, but it surely is a winner!!! If you love roses, you would love this one.
Also there is another sampler I am starting which is called the "Mother's Day" Suzanne Vierlanden Sampler piece from Martina, that was also a free offering to the ladies who are on her yahoo group for Mother's Day. It is not free to anyone, just to those on her yahoo group. Anyway, I decided to start this one as well, and I am thinking it would be lovely in pastel colors. But it would also be great in a combination of greens, and so I am not sure what colors I will choose for this one as yet. It is still in the planning stages.
That is 10 projects~!!! I told you I had that thing called "Startitis"....(ha! ha! ha!)........
I'll post pictures of these as I get them started so you can see my beginnings on each one. I have some WiPs I will be working on as well, like Plymouth Sampler by Brenda Keyes, Carriage House Samplings Elizabeth, Permin Celle by Permin of Copenhagen, my Quaker RR piece, Silk Sampler which is another small Quaker design, and a few smalls that I am making as gifts for friends. I have to get to some of that finishing work on those pieces too, very soon!! So I have a few other pieces to work into my stitching schedule. How that will happen, I honestly have no clue at all! Anybody have some ideas on how to fit this many pieces into your monthly schedule????
Well, I am off now to get a few household chores out of the way, and start working on organizing my stash room, which I have wanted to do for months now! I am finally getting caught up to the place where I can actually get in there and start doing some rearranging, inventorying, and eventually I will buy a few pieces of furniture for that room and a new TV/DVD/VCR unit as well. It is going to be my 'get away' room, my 'prayer and study' room, and my 'office', sort of. I do'nt have much space to work with, so I will have to be VERY creative when I get down to arranging things in that space. Wish me well!!!
Cathy
3 comments:
My, we did certainly have startitis! A great blog, really pretty!
I am working on colors for the Periphaeria SAL, I love her designs, several of the biscornus I did last year were designed by Periphaeria, happy stitching,
YOUR FRIEND IN CANADA!
Wow, those are to many WIPs!! I will suggested to make a rotation plan in base of the schedule of the online SALs and fit the rest in the list the better you can!! LOL
Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment. I responding to your question via e-mail.
Gos Bless you :)
Dear Cathy,
you have a lot of wonderful projects :-) Thank you for Stitching my MYSampler :-)I'm happy about that.
Best regards
Gudi
Post a Comment