MARYKATE'S GARDEN

KATE'S GARDEN

Sunday, September 14, 2008

More Stitching Time on the Horizon -- Yes!!

It's been a busy Summer, but I love getting things done, and seeing my 'dreams' come true as far as the plans i have for my home. WE don't travel hardly at all, so home is our haven. I have been wanting to just finish these plans, and we are very close now. Talk about ecstatic about it! I am definitely doing a happy dance about things coming to an end as far as the work goes. Also, it is os nice to go outside and see the thins that were just a note on paper at one time are actually finished, and we're able to enjoy them.

More Stitching Time is the result though. All this work getting done, and clearing off my list is going ot make more time to stitch for me. I have some sewing I want to do too. I want to make some velveteen tunics to go with some black, brown and green slacks for Winter. Those will be fun projects for me. That's what I call 'recreational sewing'. It's not work. It's fun! It's something I can use in my wardrobe and I'll actually save mone doing the work myself. Sewing is addictive, whether it is a sewing machine, or a needle and silk threads . I love both!

AS for what is on the horizon and what I am stitching. This is what I'm working on at present. This is the Marquior Sampler. The small yellow/green/red versionis what the original looks like. My stitched piece is shown to the left. I have finished the square on the right side and am working on the one just below it. I am only changing out a couple of motifs in this piece because I don't have children, so no baby buggy in this one, and I wasn't too fond of a few other motifs, so they will go out and I wiill find something to replace them with. In the incomplete section you see in the photo above, I have added some grapes, flowers, and a grandfather clock. I want to add my Father's Initials in the block I am working on now with is the lower right corner. I have my Mom's done near the piano with an over one red rose. My Mom's name was Rosalie, so I thought the red rose would be appropriate. I'll get new pics up this coming week.

I am working on a biscournu in autumn colors, and finishing up a needleroll, also in autumn shades that fits into a huswife that I started last year and didn't complete. I'm also working on a set of smalls from Merry Cox, so all those will be posted in their degree of completion in the next week.

These are other pieces I need to finish:



This is a biscournu, or it will be when it is all assembled. I need to make some cording for it, and a tassel or two.


I need to frame this piece by Bent Creek, and I have the frame, just a matter of getting it laced onto a piece of coreboard, and getting it into the frame. This piece is going into my husband's dressing area. I actually have two of these kits, so I will stitch the other one and put it into my laundry room.

And yet another biscournu in process. I will be finishing this one in September or early October I think. Plan to get it assembled and add some pretty multi colored pink and rose tassels on the 4 upper corners (biscournus have 8 corners). I also have to find some prtty fabric for the backing. I'm not using linen for the backing on this particular one. It's the first time I have made a biscournu witih fabric on the back side, so we'll see how it turns out. Hopefully, nice .
Currently I am working on this, and it will take a while to complete it, but I love pink and green together. I'm still undecided about the way the darker pink looks. Not sure it will remain or not, but we'll see. This definitely will be a fun piece, and I'd honestly like to finish this sampler before the end of December. It will require that I focus on it alot, and I am hoping to increase the number of stitching hours I get every week. This btw is called "The Carnation Sampler" by Martina.




This piece to the right is in process also, and wont' take long
to finish. I plan to make a pin keep in a heart shape with it. I have never done a pin keep before, so this is a new finishing technique for me to experiment with. I'm looking forward to giving it a try. All this probably during October, because life right now is going to be pretty busy til the end of the month. Did I mention that there is a wedding in between now and our Family Reunion here at my house? Well, that is definitely going to take up some time, so stitching may not be moving all that fast for the rest of this month. Stitching is such a soothing past time for me, it really calms me down, so I like to get at least a little time for stitching every day before bedtime. Thankfully I am not in a rush for these pieces, but I do hope to get these finished in October. More pics will be forthcoming :-).

This is one of my favorites to work on at the moment. First I love red, and I am just totally delighted at hos the tan fabric looks with this color of red.
It's a mystery spool so I can't even tell you what color it is, only that I really love it. I'm mixing a little garnet in with this, using Vikki Clayton silks, to make the mystery spool last longer
I'm hoping to get back to this seriously when October Comes along. I won't finish it as the parts won't be all released by the end of the year, but I'd sure like to catch myself up with this piece. It's called the "Many Years Sampler" and is a free design on line by Gudi. She is such a sweet lady to share this with us.

This is another project I am currently working on. I don't have a picture of my own work yet, but will get one posted in October sometime. I love the "Girls" series by Carriage House Samplings. They are going to hang in my laundry room which I recently painted a really 'happy" shade of pale yellow with a hint of lime to it. Very different, and fun. These pieces are going to make that a really enjoyable place to spend time. I enjoy looking at finished needlework as much as I enjoy working on pieces in progress. It certainly will make laundry day a delight. The one I am working on now is called "Elizabeth", and you can see it here....

https://www.stitchingbitsandbobs.com/cgi-bin/Store/showimage.cgi?CarriageHouseSamplings0Elizabeth1000
I'll be posting updates soon...so keep watching....and boy am I looking forward to October and more stitching time!!! YOu can see that I need to get moving on these projects.

til then...
Cathy

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Hi, Cathy!

I just found your blog and really enjoyed reading it. I'll definitely be back!